My Phone Media Usage
First Counter
After lot of discussion about the media in general and about it's controversial and not so bright sides I considered first time looking at my own media usage. How much did I spend on it, and on what exactly? I checked the free app options from Play Store and downloaded an app called StayFree. It promised to track the screen time and limit the app usage if that was wanted.After downloading and agreeing on some terms and conditions ( which nowadays makes me rise my eyebrows sarcastically) the app showed me immediately how my screentime on the phone was used the last seven days. I wanted to see if any longer patterns occured so I waited couple of weeks to see how it had turned out.
It definitely seems so that my screentime is mostly divided for three applications: Whatsapp, Instagram and Google Chrome. And in that order. All the others are left very marginal. I also seem to spend quite big chunk of time daily using them. The total time of phone screentime being averagely over four hours a day feels a bit unbelievable and concerning. It's over an hour more than the global average as it claims. At least it's all very much in the social networking category.
The amount of usage time is not very stable on the list, and it clearly depends on how much time to waste I had during these days. Less than those diagrams would let to understand I would say though. I haven't used any screen time limiters yet but it looks like I should try to cut it the time at least one hour per day. I don' t think it's gonna be that hard, I just need to pay attention to my scrolling and teksting more. And the time limiters could be a good way for starting to notice this.




Comments
Post a Comment