Observations
I think I consumed quite a lot of media already in childhood. Different kinds of animations and movies were a big part of it and television was a cheap babysitter at that time I suppose. I remember myself playing and dreaming quite young about shooting my own adventure movies with my sister. I was passionate about stories in every form of books, comics, cartoons and movies and also video games. In primary school, Pokemon opened the gates to the Asian media culture and I was never the same again after all that anime, games, and mangas that followed. Instead of just the stories, I started to feel some calling for the visual side of creating too.
My media usage grew larger all the time and as I was exposed more to the visually appealing sides of it I started to practice drawing myself. I got my first real phone when I was at the beginning of junior high school but social media became a big thing much later than that as the technology advanced. I warmed up to social media quite slowly and my friends literally had to force me into Facebook. Nowadays I very rarely use that and my page is pretty much existing just so that I can keep in touch with some foreign friends who don't use anything else. I probably use Youtube the most from all of my social media platforms and spend my time following YouTubers and watching lots of funny videos and useful tutorials about different topics. I also use Instagram quite a lot and follow there far too many artists, travelers, and all kinds of other different pages which I find interesting. And I swear I spend too much time scrolling through their posts.
Now I usually watch some series, movies and play video games depending on my schedule. I used to go to cinemas a lot before corona, now it’s more that I‘m streaming them. VR is a newer media field for me which I’m very interested in and that includes for example VR-games and 3D-concerts. Those are still very much developing fields and will certainly have exciting opportunities ahead.
Comments
Post a Comment